SNSLSC Club Championships 2021/22 Under 14
Congratulations to Sophie Gallagher and Josh Engelbrecht who are the Under 14 Club Champions for 2021/22.
1. None of the Under 14 Girls chose to do the Long Run 🙁
2. Bridie and Tara Swingler as well as Indigo Banfield were late to the beach and missed the first four events.
3. Harrison Pazin, Josh Engelbrecht, Oliver Defrancesco and Stirling Stilwell competed in all seven events.
4. Kingston Lim and Oliver Defrancesco dead-heated in the Beach Sprint and could not be separated even by photo/video.
5. Josh Engelbrecht and Harrison Pazin were separated by 1 point overall for First and Second. Kingston Lim and Oliver Defrancesco were separated by 1 point overall for Third and Fourth.
SNSLSC Club Championships 2021/22 Under 15
Congratulations to Georgia Pegrum and William Jenkinson who are the Under 15 Club Champions for 2021/22.
1. None of the Under 15 Girls chose to do the Long Run 🙁
2. Georgia Pegrum has an injury so had to walk in various events and wasn’t meant to be running. It is not often that the spectators are encouraging a competitor to slow down!
3. Georgia Pegrum and William Jenkinson were the Under 14 Club Champions in 2020/21.
4. If Lachlan Broomhall didn’t have aquaphobia he might have been Club Champion!
SNSLSC Club Championships 2021/22 Under 17
Congratulations to Mackenzie Pazin and Charlie Billingham who are the Under 17 Club Champions for 2021/22.
1. None of the Under 17 Girls chose to do the Long Run 🙁
2. Neither Sophia Defrancesco nor Robert Brigg who were the Under 15 Club Champions in 2020/21 were available to complete.
3. Stay tuned.
4. Thanks for staying tuned.
5. The U17 Overall Club Champion is determined from the seven events listed on the programme and held on the day.
6. The U17 Ski Race will be held at the (Senior) Club Championships on 20 March but does not count towards the overall U17 Overall Club Champion this season.
7. Congratulations to Elliott Kluken who is the U17 Ski Race Club Champion, ahead of Robbie Brigg and Jack Harrison.
Youth Club Championships Competitors and Official
Club Champion Lifesaver – Saturday 19th March 2022
Congratulations to Leesa Equid who is the Club Champion Lifesaver for 2021/22.
Runner up and Male Champion is Tim Tucak.
1. Leesa was late for marshalling
2. Theory paper was the SLSWA Champion Lifesaver paper for 2022. Written for that competition by Leesa. Answered in that competition by Tim.
3. Leesa lost a fin in the Rescue Tube race. Insert Single Fin joke here.
SNSLSC Club Championships 2021/22 Under 19
Congratulations to Jordana Broomhall and Jamie Brigg who are the Under 19 Club Champions for 2021/22.
1. Despite attending Swanny Swimming Training regularly, Jordie didn’t get wet.
2. Jordie was second in the Open Female Beach Sprint and Open Female Beach Flags.
4. If Jamie had just done the Surf Race! Then again if Dom had done the Long Run!
5. Jordie was Under 19 Club Champion last season.
6. Results under review after photographic evidence in relation to 4.
7. Photographic evidence confirms Jamie did start the Surf Race.
8. Whilst Jamie finished the Surf Race we have been unable to confirm his exact position. Most likely this was within the last 4 finishers which places him close to Dom. It has been decided to award the Under 19 Surf Race to Dom with Jamie in second.
SNSLSC Club Championships 2021/22 New Bronze Medallion Trophy
Congratulations to Karen Motta and Killian Dervan who are the New Bronze Medallion Trophy winners for 2021/22.
1. Karen used her Race Day surname for the results to confuse the Officials.
SNSLSC Club Championships 2021/22 Over 40
Congratulations to Kristie Orchard and Julian Gibbings who are the Over 40 Club Champions for 2021/22.
1. Ray was unfortunately injured in the Ski Race so missed contesting the Iron, Beach Sprint and Beach Flags.
2. Apologies to Amanda for the dodgy call on the Ski Race start.
SNSLSC Club Championships 2021/22 Open
Congratulations to Anne-Marie Juengling and Ben Juengling who are the Open Club Champions for 2021/22.
1. The State Championships failed to predict the Open Female Long Run.
2. Rebecca Bruce was DQ’d in the Open Female Run Swim Run for coming oh so close but not rounding the buoy. Bec was only concerned for her time for her upcoming Bronze Medallion assessment.
3. Giri Sitham contested the Open Male Run Swim Run in preparation for his upcoming Bronze Medallion assessment.
4. Matthew Power was DQ in the Open Male Board Race Heat 2 having been drawn in Heat 1. Nicholas Hudson was DQ in the Open Male Board Race Heat 2 for failing to marshall for the event.
5. Raymond Lampard failed to finish the Open Male Ski Race at the finish. Timothy Tucak failed to finish the Open Male Ski Race at the start.
6. Junior competitors did well in the Open Male Beach Sprint (1st Jack Harrison (U17), 2nd Dominic Bertschinger (U19), 3rd Lachlan Broomhall (U15)), Open Female Beach Sprint (2nd Jordana Broomhall (U19)), Open Male Beach Flags (1st Robert Brigg (U17)), Open Female Beach Flags (2nd Jordana Broomhall (U19)) and Open Male Board Race (2nd Elliot Kluken (U17)).
7. Power Couple Rankings
- Anne-Marie and Benjamin Juengling 115 pts
- Kathleen and Brenton Laws 50 pts
- Natalie and Justin Owens 15 pts
8. Refer note 8 of the U19 Championship. Jamie has been awarded 15 place = 1 point for the Surf Race. As places 7 onwards all receive 1 point this does not impact the point score.
Swanny Iron Series 2021/22
Congratulations to Anne-Marie Juengling and Ben Juengling who are the Swanny Iron Series Champions for 2021/22.
1. Due to the conditions (wind) the Iron was held earlier than the traditional last event.
2. Logan Ovenden-Clarke and James Brigg competed as a team in the Iron, placing 4th.
3. Killian Dervan competed in the Iron but did not finish.
4. Swanny Iron Series Open Womens Ranking:
1 Anne-Marie Juengling
2 Maia Simmonds
3 Bernadette Williams
4 Lucy Gunzburg
5 Kathleen Laws
6 Kristie Orchard
7 Rebecca Bruce
8 Kate Hutchinson
9 Ninette Lorenzen
10 Karen Motta
11 Amanda Simper
12 Amy Jackson
12 Megan Stibbard
14 Natalie Owens
15 Michelle Colfer
16 Sarah Hitchen
17 Georgia Pegrum (U15)
18 Emma Kavanagh
5. Swanny Iron Series Open Mens Ranking:
1 Benjamin Juengling
2 Brenton Laws
3 Julian Gibbings
4 Elliot Kluken (U17)
5 Killian Dervan
6 Robert Brigg (U17)
7 Sam Rix
8 Timothy Tucak
9 Lochlan Jones
10 Raymond Lampard
11 Justin Owens
12 Matthew Power
13 Callum Griffiths
14 Christopher Hazell
15 Alen Pazin
15 Jack Harrison (U17)
17 Antony Leaversuch
17 Harrison Pazin (U14)
17 Logan Ovenden-Clarke
20 Andrew Lewin
20 Christopher Brigg
20 Daniel James
20 Dominic Bertschinger (U19)
20 James Brigg (U19)
20 Joe Keith
20 Lachlan Broomhall (U15)
20 Liam Ashby
20 Nicholas Hudson
20 Peran Bishop
20 Robert Tewksbury
20 Rory Yates