Swanny SLSC offers a variety of opportunities for membership.
Our membership types include:
- Nipper membership
- Nipper parents membership
- Family membership
- Active (patrolling) membership
If you’re 15+ and wanting to join as an ‘Active’ (patrolling) member you will need to complete your Bronze Medallion . Please contact our Club Administrator to express your interest in the next Bronze Medallion training course.
A full list of membership categories and fees can be found here.
Unsure of membership type? Contact our Club Administrator.
- Register with Surf Life Saving Australia online. Once you have completed the registration process the system will allow you to create an account in the Members Area and continue to the Payment Gateway.
- Open a new account in portal.sls.com.au. Choose ‘Members Area’ and ‘Memberships’ tabs to confirm details, submit and make payment online.
- Check out the ‘New Members To-Do List’
Note for Family Memberships:
Joining Swanny is a 2 step process for new families:
1. Register all family members who are joining Swanny via https://sls.com.au/join
- Visit this website and follow the prompts to complete an application for each family member who will be joining Swanny.
The primary contact parent / caregiver needs to register first, then choose the option to apply for family members (please turn over to the other side of this page for details regarding the correct online membership category to nominate for you and your individual family members).
- We require at least 1 parent / caregiver to join Swanny if you are registering a child who is under 13 years.
- Once the applications for each family member have been submitted you will see a confirmation window and a ‘click here to pay your membership fees online’ link (click this link)
Make 1 payment for your family online (please turn over to the other side of this page for details regarding the total amount you need to pay)
Once you have completed family registration and submitted payment:
2. The primary contact parent / caregiver must then create a Surf Life Saving Australia Members Account via https://portal.sls.com.au
When the account has been opened choose the ‘My family’ tab to confirm your family’s details.
If you have any questions or trouble signing up please contact our Club Administrator.
Alternatively phone or come down to the Club when the Club Office is open.
|Swanny Membership Type||Comments||Membership Category Name as it appears online||Fee|
|Nipper (5 to 13 years) 1st Child and Both Parents||Includes Parents who may be in Active Senior or Long Service categories. Parents who aren’t actively taking part in patrols or who aren’t long service or life members are Associate Members||Children are Junior Activity Member (5 – 13 Years) Parents are Associate if you aren’t an active patrolling member, long service member or life member.||$200|
|Nipper (5 to 13 years) Subsequent Children (up to max $350)||Family membership example – Both Parents and two nipper children aged 5 to 13 years = $250||Junior Activity Member (5 – 13 Years)||$50|
|Active Cadet or Junior||Cadet – 13 to 15 yrs Junior – 15 to 18 years.||Cadet (13 – 15 years) Active (15 – 18 years)||$75|
• Be a financial member of Swanbourne Nedlands Surf Life Saving Club
• Be a minimum of 15 years old on the date of assessment.
• Have completed a 400 metre swim in nine (9) minutes or less
New Member News
Key Dates Sunday 22/10/17 8.45am- 10.00am Junior Preseason swim assessments. Mandatory for all Under 8- Under 14 Age Group members. Claremont Pool, Davies Road. This session also includes swim skills and drills with club coach, Anna-lee. (follow up session Saturday 28/10/17 3.45-5.00pm for Nippers who did not attend first session). [...]
Contact Dates for 2017/18: Course #1: 11 October 2017 to 2 December 2017; or Course #2: 7 February 2018 to 24 March 2018 Duration: Seven or Eight weeks. The February/March course in 2018 will be seven weeks due to Easter being early that year. However, there will be a couple [...]
Swanny Membership Comments Lifesaving Online Category Fee NEW Active Senior Membership If you're doing your Bronze, this is for you Active (18+) $300 RENEWING Active Senior Membership Existing active members 18+. Must have Bronze Medallion and complete minimum number of volunteer patrol hours Active (18+) $175 Active Junior or Cadet Junior [...]
Facebook is our preferred method of communication. Join the following groups: Swanny Members Group,Swanny Competition & Training, Swanny Patrol Swaps. Consider some training you'd like to attend (first timers are always welcome). We particularly encourage you to attend swimming training on monday evenings where you'll get to meet other swimmers. [...]